Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Another Runner In The Family...



On Sunday Benjamin ran in a 1/2 mile Championship Cross Country Race (this was the official title of the race). How did he get there? A couple of weeks ago he ran in his school district's 1/2 mile Fun Run. He ran against 3rd grade boys from all four elementary schools in our school district. The top 5 in each race were invited to the championship run. He place 5th so he was excited about getting the invite. When we arrived Sunday afternoon he was so excited, because he was given a running number just like his mom. We had a fun time cheering him on along with both sets of grandparents! He placed 6th and was very happy with that. He said "if only I had gotten in the top 5 then my picture would have been in the paper." We were very proud of him. He did a great job! The pics above are of him pre-race and then after the race with his ribbon. The other picture is his racing number. He asked that I take a pic and post it like I did for mine. :-) His other request was to post this--"you know mom you ran a race and I ran a race, now it's Daddy's turn to run a race."

0 comments: