Our day didn't exactly start out as tradition...Brent left early to go deer hunting at the family cabin. Around 7am Benjamin came into my room to say that his stomach felt sick. Ahhh! This part is not tradition! :-) He went back to bed and ended up sleeping until almost 9am! He did end up with a low grade fever for the rest of the day. I have a feeling the stomach thing was from his chest cold (lots of draining in his chest) and all the food he consumed at a birthday party he was at last night. When he came home he was completely exhausted. He had quite the social calendar over Thanksgiving break. We ended up having quite a relaxing day together. By this evening his fever broke and we were both a little stir crazy. And so now we get to the tradition part. Every year when Brent leaves on Sunday for deer hunting, Benjamin and I make a Gingerbread House together (from a Wilton kit) in the evening. He gets to pick the house design, I glue it together, put the icing on, and he takes care of the candy decorating. He told me "this is fun mom I like making a Gingerbread House with you every year!" How sweet! Traditions are a lot of fun!
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
What a fun tradition! I was just looking at those last week at the store thinking how fun that would be to do with our girls in a couple years...we might be copying your tradition someday! HOpe Benjin is feeling better today.
Post a Comment