Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blizzard 2010

Front of our house

View from the kitchen looking out at our deck


Don't think we'll be getting our mail anytime soon!

Enjoying "snow cream" the kids and I made

Can you believe it... more snow!?! Do we live in Canada or PA?!? Yes, if you haven't heard we had a blizzard yesterday. I am not just using that term loosely either, it was a blizzard! I have not heard official totals (our satellite was out, no local channels), but our neighbors measured 22 inches. What's really crazy is that we just had a snowstorm Friday into Saturday and now this. Honestly I have no idea where we would go with anymore snow! I did actually get the mailbox opened... thanks to our snow blower and a shovel. I was wondering why do I want to clear the mailbox for bills?
The kids and I have been having fun sledding, having snowball battles, hot chocolate breaks, shoveling, and visiting with neighbors in the middle of the street. We sure do sleep good at night! Today we made snow cream... yummy! Looking forward to sharing it with Daddy tonight, who of course does not get snow days. He does however appreciate all the work the snow gives the business!

Here is the snow cream recipe we used...
2 quarts clean snow (really is there such a thing?)
1 cup milk (we had to add more, because the snow was so powdery)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 T vanilla
Mix well and enjoy! We put leftovers in the freezer for later!
Enjoying the time with my kids and the beauty of the snow, but enough is enough now! :-)

0 comments: