Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Blessed...


The last week as been a very overwhelming one, in a very good way. Last week our moms along with my sister-in-law had a family shower in honor of Alissa's adoption. We were given some dates to pick from, so the actual shower itself was not a surprise. The letter given to us stating they were having a shower for us was! It was a beautiful evening outside by the pool with our family. We were blessed by the many cards with encouraging words, scripture, and gift cards. There were yummy snacks and a beautiful cake! Thanks to our moms and Becky for a wonderful evening! We greatly appreciate all you did for us!

Last night I thought we were going to a cookout at our friend's the Hurst's house. I even brought dessert and coffee. I walked in only to hear surprise! Of course I cried! It seems as if these days I have been doing a lot of that! It was a night for adult fellowship with the Hursts, Horsts, Umbles, Shertzers, Lefevers, Hollingers, and Goods (Masts we missed you!). Our friends had babysitters for their children, and Benjamin was with the Hurst kids and Grandma Rohrer (Coleen's mom) enjoying McDonald's and the Wii. Coleen and Alicia had an amazing Chinese buffet for us to enjoy. We even had chopsticks to use! And the cake...wow! A friend, Jackie Nelson from Forest Hills made it. Thank you Coleen and Alicia for such a special evening. We left last night (me in tears again) so overwhelmed with emotion, gratitude, and gratefulness for the incredible friends in our lives.
You guys are the best!

0 comments: