Well everyone is stuck with a post from me again. Alissa is very busy and we are also trying hard to learn and understand what she is saying so Kristin is busy being a mother and a very happy one I might add. It is 8 am as I'm writing this and we thought we would fill everyone in how yesterday went. Before I got to far in writing this, Alissa was standing there saying something cute "Niao Niao" which we discovered meant pee as she peed on the floor. It didn't sound like the training language tapes, so I hope she can learn English fast! LOL! I was trying some of my Chinese with her, but she didn't seem to impressed so far. Anyway I was going to talk about yesterday, so...
Yesterday was magnificent, surreal, and our hearts jumped with joy at how well Alissa bonded with us. We went back to the civil affairs office where we picked her up the day before to meet her caretaker again and make the adoption official. We were very nervous on how she would respond. She did great and when the caretaker picked her up to hold her for a photo for the ceremony, she quickly grabbed for me and hung on really tight!! I now have a Daddy's girl! Kristin rolled her eyes and said she already has me around her little finger. Anyway, we received our official certificate of adoption and she is now our beautiful daughter. We went to the pool in the afternoon and swam together as a family. What a lot of fun!!
We did have a tear jerker later in the day when Cindy, our Bethany worker, gave us the translation of the letter from her foster parents. What love, they had for her! They were excited that she was going to be with us though and gave many helpful things about her. It is so obvious that this connection of our lives was lifted up by prayer and God has heard our cries. Thank you to each of you for helping to bring this beautiful girl into our lives. I know, I keep saying beautiful, I don't care if I am a little biased. Today we leave for the bird and flower market to get a feel of the culture and the city where she lived near. God is so good! We love you all! "wahn AHN" - good night

14 comments:
Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful!! We are so happy for you guys. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing your amazing journey. We can't wait to meet our new little neighbor!!! The Haines'
What great picutures!! It looks like Alissa likes her big brother! It is good to see everyone smiling. We praise God with you for how he is answering our prayers and for how smoothly things are going. We hope that you have a great day and we look forward to your next post.
Love,
Uncle Jon, Aunt Becky, Ethan and Emma
Hello Kreiders!
Oh how I love these posts! Sounds like your daughter is adjusting very well and my prayer is that continues! Benjamin the way it looks your sister is your biggest fan! What a great picture of the two of you!
Brent - you may want to continue with those tapes or you could end up with wet feet! ;)
Can't wait until tomorrow and the next post. Enjoy your day!
Love - Tami
Wow! God is good! Her smiles speak volumes. She looks thrilled to be a part of your family. Benjamin is a great big brother. We are so happy you had a great day and that things went so well. With love & continued prayers, Gary, Sonda & Kiana
Brent - you just keep using that word beautiful because that is the best description of a daddy's girl! She's already got you wrapped around her little finger - and there could be no bigger blessing! We are all praying like crazy and we can't wait for you ALL to come home...
Love and Prayers from The Horsts and the Hursts (via phone)
Smiles, smiles, and more smiles...
The picture of Alissa and her big bro is so adorable! My advice to you Brent, is to learn the Chinese word for "poop" really fast. It sounds as if all those prayers for her to make an easy transition to your family are being answered. God seems to keep showing you the way! Have fun and we look forward to your next update.
Love and smiles,
The Harnish Clan
Brent, Kristin, Benjamin & Alissa-
How precious are the pictures and update! You have a beautiful family...the Lord has abundantly blessed you! Brent, see how easy it is for a daughter to totally wrap you around her finger?? Kristin, no surprises there, we knew you would just be the best Mommy ever, and Benjamin, you look like you are enjoying the role of being the big brother and doing a great job at that! You all will continue to be in our prayers, we miss you like crazy, and love you bunches! Can't wait to have our whole family together again! Looking forward to the next post and seeing all your happy faces!
Our love and prayers,
Mother and Daddy xoxo
Brent, Kristen and Benjamin. Congratulations! I know that this is what you have wanted for some time. What a blessing. I was praying this am as I was reading your blog. Sounds like BEAUTIFUL Alissa is doing wonderful. Brent, you are not biased. She is beautiful. I am so glad that she has taken to all of you. The picture of Benjamin and Alissa is priceless. Kristen, I saw your mom tonight at church. She was beaming. She also had pictures. Praying the rest of your stay in China goes well and you all adjust well when you are home .
Amanda Forry Brandt :)
WOW!! How awesome it is to share in this experience with you! Thank you for the posts...God is so faithful and what an amazing journey to "birth" Alissa into your family. We can't wait to welcome her into the church family, too! Blessings to you!
Love, The McBeth's
Finally, Alissa Kreider! The pictures are worth a thousand words. Your smiles are endless. I hope each day communication gets better, but what better communication then hugs & kisses? Benjamin, your sister is beaming sitting beside her big brother. Aunt Carol & Uncle Ronald, I bet you are dying to hold that little girl in your arms. Praise God for all his blessings to you. Looking forward to the next post, thanks again for sharing. XXOO, Tracy
We are loving these pictures - keep them coming! This week must be surreal to you all, seeing and experiences your dreams come true!
It is wonderful to see Alissa smiling, but of course we knew she would! She has awesome parents and the best big brother ever!
Benjamin, you finally have your sister to enjoy! I believe she already admires you. You are a great example for her and can teach her so much.
Enjoy the rest of your trip together as a family of four.
Love and prayers,
Mom and Dad
We were in China 4 months ago picking up our precious Kate (3 years old soon to be 4). As I was holding her last night and reading your blog I had tears in my eyes. It brought back so many emotions. And you are right no book can prepare you for that grieving time when your child is missing the only mom she knew. I will be praying for the rest of your journey. Can I also say we had the most amazing time in China and it has only gotten sweeter since we have been home. We all adore our little Kate, and God had her hand picked for us from day one!
Kris Kauffman
(friend of Julie Nelson)
I just posted on the last post (above) but I had to tell you that Raegan keeps begging to see "more pictures of my new cousin" so we have been sitting here for about 20 minutes clicking on all the pictures again and again...I love the one of them on the bus!!!
Dear Kreiders,
Alissa is so cute! What a sweetheart.Benjamin, the class said that they hope you are having fun!You are in our prayers.Glad you guys are having fun.
Your friend, Bekah
Post a Comment