Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Freak Snowstorm... Or The Prayers Of A Child!?!




Last night after an open house we attended with Benjamin for school, we drove home in some snow. They we calling for a dusting. Benjamin prayed at bedtime for it to snow overnight, because he did not want to go to school today. Afterwards I said well he can pray, but it's not going to happen. We had turned the lights on (around 9:00pm) and the snow was done. Little did we know! Brent was doing some work late last night, and I the supportive wife was sleeping on the sofa. He woke me up after 11:30 to tell me I had to look out the window... I couldn't believe my eyes! It was a blizzard! Apparently there was some thunder snowstorm hanging over Lititz. And hang it did! Lititz woke up to 12 inches of snow. The crazy thing is 15 minutes from here in Manheim... no snow! There were only a few areas that even got this snow. So, Benjamin's prayers were answered, no school. Oh to have faith like a child! The kids have been playing in it all day! It's was so much fun to watch them finally have a snow to play in! So I ask you again... freak snowstorm or the answered prayers of a child?!?

2 comments:

Renee said...

I couldn't keep Nichole & Tyler in the house. They were out most of they day but came in for lunch and asked me to "warm-up" their winter gear in the dryer so they could go out again. The poor dryer got a workout today! ;-D

Great snow photos!!

Anonymous said...

I say prayers of a child, that was amazing because we in Manheim like you said have nothing but a dusting. Great snow pictures.
The Martin's