Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Extra Special Day!























Today was such a special day! It was a day to celebrate the mom's in our lives, celebrate being a mom, and Alissa's dedication at church! We were blessed to have both sets of grandparents this morning at church to witness this important time in our lives as we made a promise to raise Alissa to know Jesus! An extra special surprise was our friends... the Hurst family showing up to show their support. 
Afterwards the grandparents came back to our home so we could honor our moms and celebrate Alissa's dedication with a brunch. We ended the meal with a delicious cinnamon roll cake... it said Jesus Loves Alissa. Yummy!
After the grandparents left I was able to to take a little nap while Alissa napped. Feeling so rested! It was a beautiful day so we decided to take a family bike ride. So much fun! Benjamin rode his new bike and Alissa got to try out the new tag-along bike. After some tears, screaming, and much convincing she loved it! 
So as I am finally updating this blog... I promise to try and update more often... my wonderful husband and kids are making me a meal fit for a queen! Crab cakes, shrimp, green beans, and dessert. Wow am I blessed! Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!

0 comments: