Friday, September 12, 2008

We Are Here!!!!!

Well the post you all have been waiting for (ok, not really I know it's the pics of Alissa!). We made it! We arrived at our hotel Friday Sept 12th at 11pm. That would be Sept 12th 11am at home. It was a very long day of traveling. We flew out of Harrisburg to Detroit, Detroit to Tokyo, Tokyo to Beijing. We started flying Sept 11th at 9:22 am and finished flying in Beijing Sept 12th 9:30pm. I still feel as if I'm flying quite honestly. I still feel like I'm in motion . All of our flights were on time and all our luggage arrived here in Beijing as well. I must admit I teared up when we landed in Beijing. It has finally hit me. We are really here!!!! This is for real. We ended up going to bed at midnight and were able to sleep until 6:30 am. We were exhausted! It was hard to sleep on our flights--only little naps. Thanks so much for all the prayers for our family. We have felt them! Please continue to remember us in your prayers--good health, safety, and of course for Alissa. 3 more days! Sorry that there are no pics. I'm having trouble posting them. I'll try it later, we are off to orientation. This afternoon we are going to see a Chinese acrobatic show. The families in our group are great. Our Bethany Christian Services guide, Joy has been wonderful! Well, we must head out. Thanks again for all your comments on the blog, we are able to read them and it means to much! 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me break my Rumor Queen record! I think I refreshed your blog more times today than I have RQ in the past! Glad to hear you arrived safely!!

Have a great 1st day!!

Janelle

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you arrived safely. It is after 10PM here, so that means 10AM there. We hope you have a fantastic day. Only three more days until you meet Alissa! May the Lord keep you safe and feeling well.

We'll be watching for your next update.

Shelby

Bradi said...

B,K and B,
Yay! We are sitting here after dinner with Mom and Dad K and the first thing we did was check the computer for a post from you! We've been thinking of you all since you left and are anxiously anticipating your updates. Hope you "settle-in" well and can enjoy the next 3 days until you meet Alissa. We are so excited for you!!
Love, Bradi(for Brad, Mom & Dad K, Raegan and Sydney too)

~Dan and Lori said...

Thinking of you guys as you enjoy your first day in China! How exciting! I am sure that you will absolutely LOVE the acrobat show.
Beijing was a real highlight for us.
We are praying that you have a great time and can't wait to see pics of you and sweet Alissa!
Enjoy!!!
~Dan and Lori

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed reading your update. I'm sure you'll love the highlights of Beijing. I'm sure Benjamin with his light hair will be a celebrity in China! ~ Sonda